- healthcare electronic data interchange (EDI), working with UK’s National Health Service hospitals and laboratories;
- EDI projects with UK Ministry of Defence and NATO, UK Ministry of Agriculture;
- non-EDI projects for Railtrack and NATO.
- Introduced Agile-style practices to enable small development team to better respond to customer requirements, stop-start conditions, and maximise people’s utilisation whilst minimising churn.
- Collaborated with National Health Service’s standards committee (Information Management Group) to improve EDIFACT message definitions for medical data exchange.
- Successfully delivered many-to-many EDI translation system configured to enable transfer of test results from hospital laboratory systems to physicians.
- Identified sales opportunities leading to three significant new contracts worth over $8 million.
- Seconded to company’s head office (in Aarhus, Jutland) for crucial role in military messaging product development.
- Ensured acceptance of Nuclear Biological Chemical (NBC) hazard prediction system by Ministry of Defence; conducted training for NATO’s NBC experts.
- Hardware: Siemens Nixdorf; Sun; HP; PC
- Operating systems: Sinix; Solaris (SunOS); HP/UX; SCO UNIX; Trusted Solaris; Windows
- Languages: C; shell; Systematic’s EDI toolset
- Other: EDIFACT; HL7; ASTM 1238; ITSEC; MMHS (X.400 + STANAG 4406); NBC / CBRNE
Corporate website: Systematic Software Engineering.